Additional Shipping & Handling Charges May Apply
Call Us for Orders of 4 or more!
Additional shipping charges may apply
2.25 lb. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 28″ curved hickory handle. Popularly referred to as a feller’s or boy’s axe. A “mid” sized tool.
- Forged tool steel head. Head is heat treated for edge-holding and toughness.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.Body coated with red enamel and the cutting edge in clear lacquer to deter rust
- 28″ curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.28″ curved American hickory handle.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.General purpose axe for cutting wood and driving wooden stakes.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite, and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight, and does not change size with moisture content.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and they target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.Made in the U.S.A.
- Made in USA.
Single-bit Axe (3.5 lb. Head)
Item #: 505004
Quick Fist Clamps (2 pack)
Item #: 517401
Item #: 503201
Sight Shield Sawyer’s Goggles
Item #: 179102
Leather Work Gloves
Item #: 011701
Bullard Cap-Style Helmet
Item #: 081201